jueves, 16 de agosto de 2012

Life without a car

Last saturday night my sexy Saxo ( A Citroen car model) kissed a big BMW a bit too passionately. I thought all night and finally decided to turn the negative into positive: instead of spending nearly two months income a year on my car (insurance, gas, repairs, taxes...), I will try life without a car.

Day One: I feel so cool and smart as I clean Victor's old bike. I love to clean and repair bikes, it makes me feel I am a tough girl (The same happens to me when I change my car's wheels ;-)

Day One

Day Two: Here we go! I have an adrenaline shot as I go down the hill on my bike to the train station, and I enjoy reading my book during the 50mn train ride. I arrive 5 mn late at work. On the way back, getting up the hill to home lasts 40 mn when I thought I would do it in 15, and I arrive totally sweaty. I am super tired the rest of the day.

Day Three: When the clock rings at seven o'clock, I wish I could sleep a bit more and just go by car at 8.45 instead of having to leave home running at 7.45. I rush so much that I forget to put some deodorant... I hope my collegues at work won't notice.... As I sit on my bike....OUCH! My bottom is hurting!!!! Yesterday I didn't wear a special bike pant, i shouldn't do that mistake again. I catch an earlier train and the rest goes smoothly, except that my chain jumps out of the sprocket getting up to work so I arrive at work 5 mn late, and with black and greasy fingers. On the way back, I am already fitter getting up the hill and grab some delicious blackberries on the sideway.

Day Four: I change my bike to a lighter one after erasing every "Decathlon" mark on it since I know work for the competition and my boss wouldn't appreciate to see any Decathlon bike on the car park... The way down the hill is glorious, nice green smell, raising sun, summer morning freshness. Train departs in front of my eyes as I arrive to the station and the next one is 20 mn later.... I arrive a couple mns late to work again! :-(

That's it! Even if I need to fine tune the timings, I am know hooked to the bike and train travel, I already finished my book and look forward to crochet some cool beanies on the train. Next thing is to buy a children carrier and combine to drop my second daughter at the Kindergarten before taking the train.... I'll tell you in September how late I arrive to work then .... Hopefully not too late!!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario