jueves, 23 de agosto de 2012

Friends and Surfing

Every time I go surfing on my own, I get a little bit stressed. Especially if I go away from my "homespot" Plentzia, the perfect beginner spot with great waves and no big surprises. When I decide to go somewhere else because the swell isn't big enough for Plentzia, I usually head to Sopelana. On the way, my stomach inevitably starts to squeeze, squeeze and squeeeeeeeeeze even tinier, and when I finally park the car any excuse would do to go back home (Martian attack, sharks in the water, hole in my surfboard...)... This terrible sensation luckily disappears as soon as I start paddling.
Of course, when I have the chance to go with friends, it is all very different, I forget all the stupid stress and concentrate on the fun. It is so motivating that this is what has made me eager to try new surf spots. I also feal really motivated to see girls in the water. We always echange a smile, and also I can't complain that the basque guys here are treating me badly, there is a certain complicity between girls in the water which is heartwarming and especially appreciated during the first minutes (to half and hour...) in the water until you finally catch the first wave that makes you feel confident.

 In Fuerteventura with Xabi and his girls pupils. Beware, surfing girls crew!

My beautiful surfing friends Jeanne and Marie heading to Barrika

Nothing like a bit of stretching/laughing with crazy Mari Lou to release the pression before entering the water!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario