viernes, 7 de septiembre de 2012

Work/Life balance: Living more with less

Hi there!

Have you read this article from "The guardian" about the five things people regret when about to leave this world?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

It makes me feel even luckier to be able to work part time. Also it's crappy to have to earn less money (especially when you part from a Spanish salary, which are not really great) and I sometimes stress thinking about what would happen if I need to change car or have any sudden big cash need, I also really enjoy living better with less.
I have an old rusty car, an old bumpy surfboard, and an old squeaky bike, but I have free time to make good use of those. Since I realised that if I use my car less I might afford to keep working part time instead of starting full time this winter, I enjoy my free time 100% more.

Dear Citronelle might be bumpy and rusty, but it drove me from the top of the austrian mountains down to the great beaches of spanish basque country.

Of course it is frustrating to yet not be able to buy cool brands clothes and plane tickets every 3 months, but what is that compared to time with my daughters and a good ride down on my bike in the country side rushing to get the train, let alone a nice surf on a sunny Thursday afternoon when all my colleagues are in the office :-)
The small change in my life to decide to go working a couple times a week on my bike meant a great change in my philosophy: enjoy beautiful basque country and my lovely family on a day to day basis and take advantage of the dozens great opportunities that life offers me instead of longing for the ones that aren't reachable now.

Really interesting article about people in San Francsico who decided to live one year without buying anything new:
"And what we learned is that we all have a lot of more stuff than you think, and that you can get along on a lot less stuff than you can imagine." 

Cheers

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario